Calling all sneaker lovers! Tell us what you think about the NEW Nike Lebron basketball shoes featuring the gold Nike swoosh! (Highsnobiety)
We all know the huge nail art trend that has been going on from the start of summer. Believe it or not, looks like the trend will be sticking around for the fall, but with a textured twist! How about a feathered manicure? (Sheckys)
Celebs always seem to be changing some aspect of their image. Well, the Stars have been making bold hair moves, for sure. (USA Today)
Kate Middleton sure showed her effortless style for the 2012 Olympics in London! Check out the gallery of her outfits and let us know which were your favorites! (Forbes)
I am not sure if you all missed the London 2012 Olympics Closing Ceremony… ATFDC sure didn’t! Check out the supermodels and music stars that shined in the spotlight!Â (Vogue UK)
photo courtesy of Vogue UK
- Does Miami Swim week trump NYFW street style? (Refinery 29)
- Put the pedal to the metal in style with Manolo Blahnik and more! (Huffington Post)
- With two years of coaching and brand development on the line, rising fashion designers compete for 12 spots in the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Incubator. (Forbes)
- Have you picked up your copies of Vogue and Vanity Fair this month? Statistics show that women in China probably have. (New York Times)
- Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer is the new CEO of style! We’ll be looking to Marissa for pointers on what to wear at work. (Forbes)
- Talk about packing light! Find out what one woman crammed into a tiny suitcase for a 5 day camping trip. (Huffington Post)
- When fashion and politics collide: Anna Wintour will co-host a second Obama fundraiser. (New York Magazine)
photo courtesy of Forbes.com
- Thinking of buying a new camera to snap pics for your blog? Check out these options. (Independent Fashion Bloggers)
- Want something to do with that new camera? Practice these poses with a group of friends. (Digital Photography School)
- Not only are hats making a comeback, but Kate Middleton was named “Hat Person of the Year.” Well, okay. (Forbes)
- Maryland native and former ANTM contestant Isis King stars in a new campaign for American Apparel/GLAAD. (Fashionista)
- We love this DIY neon gem necklace. What a fun activity for a rainy day! (I Spy DIY)
- Definitely have to add this DIY project to the rainy day list. Your earbuds will thank you. (Refinery 29)
- Cropped pants give men a leg up on the fashion competition. Ryan Gosling loves them and we love Ryan Gosling. Yep. (USA Today)
Featured Photo Credit: Fashionista
- According to writer and former call girl Tracy Quan, “Eyelashes are the new breasts.” (via NY Times)
- La Petite Marmoset is featured in Rookie magazine’s vintage prom dress post. (via Rookie)
- Kanye Wests hates pairing hoodies with sport coats among other things. (via NY Post)
- Fergie’s power portfolio includes a shoe line, a vodka company, and an NFL team. So Fergalicious. (via Forbes)
- Check out these pics of stylish celebrity moms. (via WhoWhatWear)
- Is working in retail really like indentured servitude. According to one anonymous sales associate, the answer is yes. (via Fashionista)
- Andrea from Fly shares her thoughts on the lack of diversity in the media. (via Fly)
- Learn ways to help your business reach the affluent male consumer base. (via Luxury Society)
- Gala Darling has “10 Way To Make Your Instagram Photos Pop!” (via Gala Darling)
Featured Photo Credit: Gala DarlingÂ
- Now that "Texts from Hillary" is no longer being updated we look to “#WHENINDC” for comedic relief. (via #WHENINDC)
- StyleLikeU hosts a roundtable on what it means to be “feminine” today. (via StyleLikeU)
- Those after-work happy hours are more productive than you may think. New research shows that drinking alcohol can provide a boost of creativity. We’re still testing this one out… (via Washingtonian)
- So, it’s come to this: John Edwards now gets his hair trimmed at Supercuts. Lightyears away from the $400 haircuts he used to get. (via The Cut)
- Would you dare to wear….a red wedding gown? (via Fashionista)
- Jeopardy will be filming in DC this Saturday. We can’t be the only ones who love to shout answers at the screen. We know Mr. Trebek hears us.(via WCP)
- Speaking of DC, turns out it is NOT one of “America’s Hardest Working Cities.” (via Forbes)
- Etsy has employed detectives to scour the site for factory-made goods that go against its handmade mission. (via WSJ)
Featured Image Credit: Fashionista
- Everyday doesn’t have to be “Casual Friday” fellas. Ditch the shorts, wear a suit. (via Forbes)
- Financial Times discusses the popularity of social curation sites like Pinterest and Tumblr. (via Financial Times)
- BYT’s “ARTS Guide” has us planning trips to museums across the District. (via BYT)
- Scoutmob and Lauren Friedman of “My Closet in Sketeches” have teamed up to bring Fashiontonians outfit sketches inspired by local boutiques and places. The first look is inspired by Mt. Pleasant shop Nana. (via My Closet in Sketches)
- Would you buy a wedding dress from Bebe? Would you buy a wedding dress from Bebe designed by Project Runway’s Rami Kashou? (via The Cut)
- Curvey CEO gives curvy girls a guide to thrifting. (via Curvy CEO)
- Do you have a problem with peplums? Wall Street Journal dissects the trend. (via WSJ)
- Sure, we watch ‘Mad Men’ for the storyline, but we also watch for the fashion. (via Forbes)
- What do you think of the new Olympic uniforms designed by Stella McCartney? Do you think the are “too blue”? (via Huffington Post)
- Billboard takes us on a journey through Madonna’s many style reincarnations. (via Billboard)
- Can you be a fashion lover and a feminist? You sure can! (via The Frisky)
- Uh Oh! Refinery29 explains how fashion can kill. Okay, don’t get too scared yet. Just read. (via Refinery29)
- For your view pleasure: Tom Ford F/W 2012 Collection. (via High Snobette)
- Now it’s time to take a little technology detox. Trust us, you deserve this. (via The Quiet Place)
- NYC and FIT have partnered to launch a free mini-MBA program for fashion designers (via Forbes).
- Before you pack your bags (seriously, don’t) we would like to point out that the DC Fashion Incubator offers programs for Fashiontonians interested in learning the business of fashion (via DC Fashion Incubator).
- Going to NYFW? Refinery 29 demonstrates how NOT to behave (via Refinery 29).
- Can’t make it to NYFW? Fashionista shows how to keep up with everything from the comforts of your home, and a high-speed internet connection (via Fashionista).
- Why didn’t we think of this? Ashley In DC demonstrates how to create a DIY camera strap from a chain strap purse (via Ashley In DC).
- Style icon Iris Apfel reveals her number one style rule to Women’s Wear Daily (via WWD).
- Christian Siriano may not say “fierce” anymore, but he is doing just “fine” (via New York Times).
- From the looks of it there is “So Much to Smile About” when it comes to Spring style trends (via So Much to Smile About).
- Huffington Post UK explains why fashion trends are still relevant (via Huffington Post UK).